Table of contents
You’re an expert litigation and dispute resolution lawyer looking for a new leadership opportunity in the legal industry.
You believe that dealing with the law can be a positive, logical and productive experience. You’ve developed strong legal expertise through at least 10 years of experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution in a firm environment.
You have your own client base and referral network that you want to build on.
You are passionate about what you do, and take pride in the autonomous leadership of your own team, always putting relationships at the core of your work. You thrive in fast-paced, busy working environments, relish problem-solving opportunities and enjoy being part of a close-knit team.
You are looking for more meaningful client interactions and development of your leadership skills. You are interested in developing or building on your existing practice and being involved in business development.
As the Director of a dedicated litigation and dispute resolution team within our firm, you’ll play a crucial role in the delivery of high-quality legal services. You will have great attention to detail, strong technical ability, a strategic mindset and collaborative approach.
You’ll be the key driver in managing complex and varied litigation and dispute related client matters. You will be responsible for managing the litigation and dispute resolution team and ensuring tasks are provided to schedule, objectives are met, and the expectations of our clients are exceeded. You will work closely with our Managing Director and CEO together with the broader Leadership Team. You’ll be responsible for our litigation team’s drive and productivity.
You’ll be a central figure for our clients and team, building trusted relationships. You will uphold our proactive, positive approach. You will be supported in your role by associates and paralegals.
Specifically, your role would include:
- Leading and managing strategic direction of litigation and dispute resolution matters
- Negotiations and mediation of litigation matters
- Settling key client and stakeholder communications for litigation matters
- Taking and clarifying client instructions and managing client relationships
- Preparing and settling draft pleadings, memoranda to counsel and other court documents
- Management of firm strategic projects
- Managing counsel, stakeholders and clients
- Overseeing the development and inclusion of our associates and graduate lawyers
- Helping shape and drive the culture of our team
Based in South Melbourne, we’re a group of lawyers who believe in a better legal experience; one that redefines the experience of working with a lawyer.
We are a team of smart, fun and bright humans. Our team of 15 is led by Director Nich Burch, a leading commercial lawyer whose deep experience in litigious and commercial matters make him an invaluable resource to both early stage and established businesses.
We work with a diverse group of clients across health, hospitality, manufacturing, sport, entrepreneurship and technology, always seeking to be useful, positive and straightforward in all that we do.
Our firm was founded 7 years ago and, in that time, has grown a community of over 900 clients.
We genuinely believe our team and clients are what sets the experience of working at Burch&Co apart. We love what we do and who we work with. We think that you will too.
Some other benefits of working with us include:
- Diverse clients and legal matters to work on
- Litigation matters spanning Magistrates Court to Supreme Court matters
- Tailored KPI mentoring and professional development program
- Flexible working arrangements (location, days and hours)
- Gym, Pilates, meditation, yoga, neuro pods at Central House offices