Table of contents
You’re a confident, reliable and principled lawyer looking for a new opportunity in the legal industry.
You believe that dealing with the law can be a positive, logical and productive experience.
You are looking for more meaningful client interactions and greater clarity in your professional growth and more control of your future.
You are good at what you do and want to feel valued for that.
You’ve developed strong legal expertise through at least 5 years of experience in commercial drafting and advisory in a firm environment.
You thrive in fast-paced, busy working environments, relish problem-solving opportunities and enjoy being part of a close-knit team.
You take your role and a lawyer seriously, but also enjoy yourself along the way.
You have great communication skills and like being around people.
You see the best in people.
As a Senior Associate, you will play an important part of the firm’s Leadership Team.
This is a new role, created due to workflow demands.
You’ll play a crucial role in the delivery of high-quality legal services.
You’ll be the key driver in leading client matters assigned to you, responsible for ensuring tasks are provided to schedule, objectives are met, and the expectations of our clients and the law are met.
You will report to our Director. You’ll be responsible for helping drive the productivity of your team and supported in the growth of your practice.
You’ll be a central figure for our clients, building trusted relationships. You will uphold our proactive, positive approach. You will be supported in your role by two associates and a paralegal.
Specifically, your role would include:
- Leading your team by providing strategic direction and technical support
- Taking and clarifying client instructions
- Overseeing the development and inclusion of our associates, junior associates, and graduate lawyers within the commercial team
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating draft agreements, disclosure documents, licences, and terms
- Being the resident subject matter expert for commercial document review and drafting
- Helping shape and drive the culture of our team
Based in South Melbourne, we’re a group of lawyers who believe in a better legal experience for all involved – clients and lawyers.
We are a team of smart, fun and bright humans.
Our team of 15 is led by Director Nich Burch, a leading commercial lawyer whose deep experience in litigious and commercial matters make him an invaluable resource to both early stage and established businesses.
We work with a diverse group of clients across health, property development, hospitality, manufacturing, sport, entrepreneurship and technology, always seeking to be useful, positive and straightforward in all that we do.
Our firm was founded 7 years ago and, in that time, has grown to a community of over 900 clients.
We genuinely believe our team and clients are what sets the experience of working at Burch + Co apart. We love what we do and who we work with. We think that you will too.
Some other benefits of working with us include:
- Client alignment to your specific interests and skills
- Tailored KPI mentoring and professional development program
- Genuine flexible working arrangements (location, days and hours)
- Gym, Pilates, yoga, neuro pod, group PT and boxing through Central House
- Performance psychology and wellness