Table of contents
What is drafting?
Using language that is accessible yet precise, we draft legally binding documents that are suitable for the intended audience. From bullet-pointed summaries to letters of advice, we draft in the manner and style that suits our clients best.
We do our drafting with skill, precision and combined wealth of experience, whether you’re the neighbourhood deli, a rapidly scaling startup, or an ASX-listed corporate entity.
We provide drafting services across a broad range of areas, including:
- Letters of demand, court documents and briefs to counsel that are clear and use an economy of words and are compelling
- Contracts of sale and purchase that are appropriate to the particular transaction rather than bulked out with unnecessary clauses
- Shareholder agreements that are tailored to each company’s needs, desires and concerns
- Platform terms and conditions, MSAs, and software or SaaS agreements that are relevant, up-to-date and consider modern risks as well as practicalities
- Leases that are focused on the key risks and how we can minimise them for you, whether you are a tenant or a landlord
- Employment agreements that are appropriate and offer a balanced perspective on the employee-employer relationship
- Privacy policies that fit into a broader, internal privacy compliance program that works within your company’s operational abilities.
Industries that use our drafting
- Professional Services
- Transport and Logistics
- Consulting industries
- Software and technology
- Science, medicine, research and development.
We find drafting to be the most useful when we’ve taken the time to first consider your objectives, long term strategy, and desired approach before getting started. For example, we may tailor a client-facing document with simpler explanations of complex legal concepts. On the other hand, a share subscription for an incoming professional investor will look entirely different – either way, the drafting will be done with your audience in mind.
Our aim is to ensure your legal documents work within your business workflow, and fit seamlessly into your existing processes, not act as a barrier to your work. We want the work we do for you to help deepen relationships with your stakeholders, internal or external.